The Top 6 benefits of powder coating
We know there are many choices out there when you’ve got a metal project to paint or restore. Here are the six best reasons why you want to get them powder coated by a custom powder coater.
1. Use powder coating to define your look on a project.
2. Powder colors have something to fit every purpose. From sleek black to the safety of fluorescent, we can satisfy the needs for business or personal.
3. Unlike liquid paints and epoxies, powder coatings are more durable and chemically resistant yet contain no solvents; therefore do not emit pollution known as VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
4. Being solvent free the process allows for a faster turnaround that delivers a durable product.
5. Unless you’re restoring a priceless object, the process is fairly straight forward process yet very economical.
6. Traditional painting & contracting is a dirty business. It creates excessive debris & waste from job cleanup. By it’s very nature powder coatings are a cleaner, more efficient model that spares local landfills & saves the planet from unwanted waste.
Harsh climates can take a toll on your car, home, motorcycle, and boat. It’s tough enough to keep up with cleaning and maintaining your metal. The toughest coating you can get to stand against the elements is powder coating. It can handle UV and salt conditions more readily than even today’s most sophisticated paints.
With the combination of being environmentally friendly, more durable and cost efficient powder coatings are coming to the forefront of architectural and especially automotive customizing. Look around your home or garage chances are you have something that has been powder coated.
GET IT DONE RIGHT
When working on your prized or sentimental project use a 5-stage restoration process. Your local powder coater should know of this process. If they don’t consider going somewhere else to avoid problems with your coater.
- Metal Prep
- Powder Coating
- Inspection and Packaging
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
Generally, coaters will charge batch pricing to keep costs down on jobs for their customers. The downside to this is that you may have to wait longer for your parts to get done. Why? Unlike small oven coaters, you may have to wait longer for your project to be grouped with others which leads to longer turnaround times.
Occasionally, some coaters will charge by the piece because they specialize in certain items like rims or auto parts. Seek a coater with multiple ovens sizes to save money and get your project done faster.
Maui Powder Works is committed to sharing their experience in metal coatings, painting, and restoration so customers can navigate the process of powder coating and make the best choices for getting their projects done. RossKote regularly contributes helpful videos on his blog and YouTube channel.
Join us. As we build a powder coating community online to share our passion for performance finishes.
Connect with us.Comment below. What would you like to know more about? I love to answer everyday questions that the consumer market wants to know about powder coating.
Maui Powder Works LLC 2017©